Jun 8, 1982 - Nov 13, 2016
Hunter was my 6’1” tall blonde, brilliant, blue-eyed baby boy. I was a single mom serving in the Army and stationed in Germany when I found out I was pregnant. He was and still is one of greatest gifts I have ever received.
From the beginning he was a happy baby, a curious boy, a pain in the butt teenager and an honorable and generous man. He became an amazing Dad taking care of his two daughters.
He had demons he was fighting and a sadness he could not overcome when his sister, my daughter, Christine passed away from an overdose in 2008.
His laugh and smile were contagious and it is the thing most people still talk about. One knew when he entered a room before they even saw him. He definitely had charisma. He was a talented artist and always drawing while he was growing up. He became a contractor building amazing things which lead him to his career of blowing glass. One of his pieces made its way back to me after he passed and is one of my most prized possessions – a gift from my angel. I wish you could have known him.
Hunter passed away November 13, 2016 from an overdose of fentanyl. I know he did not want to die. I will say his name and Look Up every day because I know he is still here, sending me signs, being silly and goofy.
Submitted by Lori Oropez, Mother
Donations ensure The Beading Hearts Overdose Loss Support Group can continue to help others affected by substance use and their families